The list of prerequisites for Flyspray is long. The easy way is to install XAMPP as a starting point.
Then download and install Flyspray.
That should be easy, but it isn’t. You get a .zip with .html instructions in it that you don’t know how to display. The answer is:
- install XAMPP by:
- chmod 755 xampp-linux-x64-1.8.3-1-installer.run
- press <enter> to get the default settings for the install
- start the XAMPP server via /opt/lamp/lamp start
- check that <http://ip of box> displays a XAMPP page
- delete or move off the files in /opt/lampp/htdocs.
- unzip the Flyspray files into the /opt/lampp/htdocs directory. You should have files like robots.txt and index.php in it.
- chmod 777 /opt/lampp/htdocs/cache and /opt/lampp/htdocs/attachments
- delete the flyspray.conf.php file from /opt/lampp/htdocs if it exists. It probably doesn’t.
- chmod 777 /opt/lampp/htdocs – this changes the write permission so you don’t get the ../flyspray.conf.php unwriteable warning about a file that doesn’t even exist (yet.)
- tighten security on XAMPP by running /opt/lampp/lampp security
- display the root of the web site for install instructions and checklists.
- delete the /opt/lamp/htdocs/setup directory